Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Trans Issues in a 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Trans Issues in a 2010

I've got a '10 F-150 XLT with the 5.4. Bought it new. It's always been a bit stiff in the downshift from 2nd to 1st. But lately it seems to have become worse. On gravel, it'll even lock a wheel on occasion. The dealer looked at it and said it's a software-based pressure issue and Ford is allegedly looking for the solution. This seems like complete BS to me. If they can't fix it, seems to be like they should replace it. Thoughts??

Please?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 AM

I should add - it has less than 20,000 miles and has never towed more than 1,000 pounds. Biggest load it had was a pallet of bagged top soil.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 PM

Bump?
Old 07-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Keep your records of when you had it to the dealership, that way you have a paper trail that shows your problem happened under warranty.
Also, i would get a second opinion, if this was a software issue why is it specific to your truck? I haven't heard anyone else with the same issue, if it was a ford thing everyone's truck with that tranny and software would have the same issue.
I believe its a transmission fault of some sort and needs looked at by another dealer. Unfortunately not all dealers have a good transmission guy, my closest one has only one guy who looks at transmissions and you gotta wait to get in to see him, sucks if hes on vacation. There are several great transmission guys around but a ford warranty only covers at a ford tech.
If they tell you the same thing get a print out of the TSB, if ford is aware of this and working on a solution there will definitely be one, and you'll have peace of mind that it will be covered once a fix is found due to your paperwork dating back to the problem while you are under warranty.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:53 PM

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Trans Issues in a 2010