Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Sync3 reset???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 03:47 PM

Received 371 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Sync3 reset???

Hey everyone... not sure what is going on with my 19 Platinum.
Started up today and the screen took a minute to load, when it did, the infotainment screen was very generic in layout.

My Nav history was wiped out... although it was still connected to my WiFi and phone.
Voice commands no longer work on the phone.
It does show an update that I have restarted a couple times. The update appears to start and then stop and not move.
Any ideas?

Old 05-11-2021, 04:00 PM

Received 462 Likes on 251 Posts

Not sure about the update, but to do a soft reboot, hold the power button and next track buttons on the head unit for 5 seconds or until the screen reboots.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:23 PM

Received 371 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkLeRaRa
Not sure about the update, but to do a soft reboot, hold the power button and next track buttons on the head unit for 5 seconds or until the screen reboots.
Neat trick, same result, though.

Ford Online contact says to try updating by USB (If I can find one)
Old 05-11-2021, 04:27 PM

Received 462 Likes on 251 Posts

I used this site to upgrade my Sync 3.0 to 3.4

Maybe you can find some info here that can help you out?

Also a forum where you can ask questions and get some assistance from people way smarter than me!

https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3-updater/
Old 05-20-2021, 09:01 PM

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

The update in your photo is one of the ma update chunks. Those are large (~1GB) and there are many. 10 to be exact, plus 3 also large voice files to accompany them. They'll download over several days so you don't need to sit and watch.

For voice being lost after the upgrade, hard to say without access to the unit. Was the problem the first time after the update took? It shouldn't have deleted any of the databases, but a simple re-pair, or master reset should clear it up for the phone. Any other command specifically not working? Feel free to ping me via PM for anything VR related if it's still not working.

Quick Reply: Sync3 reset???