Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Side mirror spotlights randomly turning on

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirror spotlights randomly turning on

I've got a 2015 F150 Lariat, and in the last few months, I've noticed that sometimes the side mirror spotlights will randomly turn on when the truck is off. I've started noticing this at night when I check the garage before going to bed. It's very random - sometimes they're on, and I'll have to relock the truck to get them to turn off. Two times now, it's run my battery completely out.

Weird thing is - it's ONLY this light:

Took it to the dealership before, but they couldn't fix it. They said if they were unable to reproduce the problem, they wouldn't know how to fix it. Well, it's random enough that it didn't happen during the day my truck was at the dealership.

Any thoughts on what might be going on?
Old 01-13-2018, 12:12 AM

Default Same issue

The same thing started happening with my 2015 today. Did you find a solution?
Old 01-13-2018, 12:41 AM

Sorry to say neither I nor the dealership ever figured it out. The problem got worse as time went on too (more lights would turn on randomly in addition to the side mirrors). I've since traded in that truck. Hopefully the fix for you will be something easy for someone to figure out. Electrical problems suck.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:08 PM

Default Ford f 150 2016 lariat. Same thing happening to my vehicle. Any diagnosis

Originally Posted by rcolmn
I've got a 2015 F150 Lariat, and in the last few months, I've noticed that sometimes the side mirror spotlights will randomly turn on when the truck is off. I've started noticing this at night when I check the garage before going to bed. It's very random - sometimes they're on, and I'll have to relock the truck to get them to turn off. Two times now, it's run my battery completely out.

Weird thing is - it's ONLY this light:

Took it to the dealership before, but they couldn't fix it. They said if they were unable to reproduce the problem, they wouldn't know how to fix it. Well, it's random enough that it didn't happen during the day my truck was at the dealership.

Any thoughts on what might be going on?
i have the same problem any ideas of the diagnosis. It’s a real pain in the ***
Old 01-01-2020, 11:12 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Just FYI: those are "puddle lights" - not "spot lights". Look up your truck's wiring here, to see what actually powers them:
www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams-database/
Old 01-28-2020, 05:21 AM

Angry spot lights

I have the same problem
Have you already solved it?

Any thoughts on what might be going on?[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Side mirror spotlights randomly turning on