Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Shop issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Mstenz23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop issues

story time,
so my engine (5.4) sized up when I lost all oil pressure. I had to have it towed to the nearest shop which was a corporate owned meineke shop in GA. They advised me to order the new engine and they’re replace the engine.
Well the truck has been there for about three months now and there advising me the engine they replaced it bad. Contacted the company we got the engine from and they said before they replace it they’d send a tech of their own to check it out. Tech goes there and this is what we get (see attached image) I’m getting that he is saying the engine is fine but I can’t comprehend to much based on my little knowledge of vehicles.
at this point it’s been three months of no resolution so I want the truck to goto another shop. These dudes at Meinke keep telling me different stories everytime I call. Since I want to take the truck elsewhere there now telling me I owe them money before they let me take my vehicle (which is still not fixed).
Any advice would be great. Also does anybody know if legally I owe a shop money for a job that was not completed, I’m not familiar with laws that go with this situation maybe an actual shop owner would have more knowledge.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:26 AM

Received 494 Likes on 428 Posts

You are in a bad situation. I would never have had a muffler shop do an engine swap no matter what they claimed they can do.. They had you order the engine, not them.That is the big kicker here. They will blame "your" engine for any issues which present themselves and have washed their hands of any responsibility. There won't be any warranty on their part if this does get resolved. If the engine is indeed faulty, they have every right to charge you additional labor to R & R the engines or charge you for the work already done if you take it to another shop. I am sorry but I don't see a good outcome of this situation you are in.

Last edited by raski; 01-23-2019 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:16 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

pay the shop what you owe them and have it towed to Ford.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:28 AM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

Yea, get it out of there. I think that job might have been above their skill set.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:28 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR 56
Yea, get it out of there. I think that job might have been above their skill set.
likely so. that's why they had something different to say every time he called them. this repair is above there knowledge. as said above take it to ford
Old 01-23-2019, 02:46 PM
Mstenz23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. Guess I have to bite the bullet. Unfortunate that I got staranded at ten at night on a Sunday and that’s the only place I could have taken it given the time and urgency.
With that being said based on the techs report, what does it sound like is the issue? Or is there to much unknowns, trying to understand something I have little knowledge on. Trying to understand this best I can so Im not too lost in the sauce
Old 01-23-2019, 04:19 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

if we knew all 12 DTC’s they said they pulled it would help.. sounds like they threw some parts at it too.

Quick Reply: Shop issues