Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Service AdvanceTrac and no power steering following cold cranks

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service AdvanceTrac and no power steering following cold cranks

I have a 2013 F150 Lariat 4x4 and have recently experienced a new problem. It seems to occur only in cold weather cranks. I get the following error messages: "Service AdvanceTrac", "Low Battery Features Temporarily Turned Off", and "Hill Descent Control FAULT", and the power steering does not work. Leaving the trunk cranked for a few minutes and then turning it off and back on seems to resolve the problem. I took it in 2 weeks ago, and the dealer tested the battery and indicated that it needed to be replaced, which we did. 12 days later, I have the same problem, so I took it back in yesterday. My local dealer thinks it might be a power steering sensor and recommends replacing the power steering rack (the sensor apparently cannot be replaced without replacing the entire rack). Has anyone else had a similar problem for which a solution has been found? Any ideas? Not sure if it is important, but I did get new tires about a month ago and had to replace a new wheel (because the dealer service department scratched it during a brake job) about 2 months ago.