Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

rear squeak help..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear squeak help..

I have a 2013 f150 xlt. 100k miles. has added airbags. i have emptied my truck out in the rear. every time i turn right i get a squeak like it is with the shock or the leafs. i have the little pads still on the leafs. my shocks dont look like they are leaking. i have used different greases. nothing stops. it. What next? do i start replacing items? My brakes are good it dont seem to be that. When i push hard on the back right corner to shake my truck it squeaks. When bouncing on my tailgate i get nothing. When pushing on the left side of my truck in the back i get nothing. All my U joints are tight. I have read it could be inside the u joints even if they are tight. Could it be that, or a rubber bushing ... im at a loss. driving me crazy..
Old 03-31-2019, 09:09 AM

Received 486 Likes on 421 Posts

Best way is to crawl under and have a bud push down on the right side and go investigating. I doubt the u joints are the source UNLESS you see powdered rust coming out of them. Might try wetting each leaf spring assembly with water and see if the noise goes away. You can do this on all moving parts, bushings as the water might lubricate and silence the culprit temporarily.

Last edited by raski; 03-31-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply: rear squeak help..