Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Problem with front differential?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with front differential?

Hey everyone, Just bought my first Ford a couple weeks ago. I got a 2016 Lariat FX4 with 90k miles. This truck has been a pain in the *** already. The day I bought it it was freezing and raining so I wasn't very easy to throughly look for leaks etc. Anyways, a few days after I got it it started acting strange. When I first drive it with the engine cold it acts fine. But let's say I goto the gas station, once I am ready to leave the gas station with a warm engine the truck shakes like crazy. It's kind of like a extreme hesitation, it seems to mostly do it when I'm turning the wheel. This only happens at take off or very low speeds. At the same time it also is making a audible humming sound that you can hear and feel in the cab. Today I took the front tires off and I can see a small leak passenger side where the cv axle goes onto the front differential. Could that be the problem for all this? Hubs and brakes seem fine. I've read about the iwe problems also, but I don't know if that's what this is or not. Thanks for reading, hopefully someone may know what it going on.

Quick Reply: Problem with front differential?