Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Pretty Sure my Turbo blew- 2014 f150

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty Sure my Turbo blew- 2014 f150

Hello everyone- new to the forum here and I joined cause I'm pretty sure my turbo blew. Remote started it this morning and walk outside to white smoke filling my yard lol. Truck is spewing white smoke and running terrible- limped it to work which is 2 miles away and left it there. Popped the hood and oil is all over the exhaust side turbo and all the tubing.
It has 58k miles so still under warranty barely! Only after market parts are a UPR catch can and I did the VTA for the blow off valve.

Truck has been maintained to the 'T' and I always change fluids and all that on the regular. Is this common with the ecoboost? When this is fixed I'm strongly considering switching to the 5.0 or at least getting an extended warranty. Thoughts or comments are appreciated!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:58 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Remove catch can and remove the VTA and have the dealership tow it in.

If you return to stock, it's not as easy to deny warranty.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

the white smoke would be from oil burning off the exhaust side housing. I'd say check all your fittings on the catch can in case one came loose? Or look at the oil feed line, also.

Quick Reply: Pretty Sure my Turbo blew- 2014 f150