Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Possessed F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possessed F150

Monday morning, as I was getting ready for work, I looked out the window and saw my headlights were on...barely. When I went outside to check it out, I noticed that my battery was pretty much dead. How could this be? I always leave my headlights on automatic!
After I jumpstarted it, I left it running for about 20 minutes in the driveway before I started to leave for work. When I got in the truck, I heard a loud "POP" and the ABS light flashed for a second. About 10 seconds later, I heard it again. I realized that the "pop" was the starter engaging with the flywheel...trying to start the engine, all by itself, while the truck was already running. Fearing that this would damage the starter and flywheel, I shut the engine off and removed the key. The truck is still trying to start itself. The starter engages for a second or two then pauses for about 5 seconds, and repeats. I had to disconnect the battery to stop it. I could also hear a slight 'sizzling' type of sound coming from around the center of the dash (not sure if it's inside the cab or under the hood). Several hours passed and I had to get it to a shop. I plugged the battery back in and it still tries to start. I started the engine and attempted to drive it to the shop (about 10 blocks away). Luckily, the starter didn't try to engage while I was driving it. He now has the dash removed and is checking the Body Control Module, ECM, and Anti-Theft Control Module. The headlights come on by themselves with the key removed. Also, I've noticed that when the key is removed, the Air Conditioner blower still operates. The radio has been flashing on and off like it has a short circuit and the windshield wipers did not work while I was driving it to the shop, but the did work for the tech when he tried them.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Here are the specifics:

2002 Ford F150 Extended Cab Short Bed Sport Model
4.6L V-8
85,000 miles
Automatic Tranny

Carl
Old 01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

to the site Carl. That's a lot of weird stuff there. The only problem even close to any of that with my old 02 F150 I had was the windshield washer sprayer. It wouldn't stop spraying sometimes unless when it was acting up I pushed the button for it to spray again a few times, that would get it to stop. It wouldn't do it for the dealer when I ask them about it so they wouldn't fix it. It didn't do it often though. Good luck with it
Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 AM

Default possessed F150

In my novice opinion... i think you should have it exorcised or blessed by an old priest and a young priest or something.

Did it spit pea soup at you too?

In all honesty... i really havent the foggiest. I just thought your story was funny... but you probably dont. Good luck!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:55 AM
FTP

i am thinkin a short or crossed wires or if not those then you may have just found the fabled warecar
Old 01-26-2007, 12:34 PM

I think you need to look for a priest to perform an exorcism. I would flipout if my truck started doing that.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 PM

The technician has removed the body control module which is attached to the fuse box. He says there are some open circuits in it, so I'll need a new BCM and fusebox (abour $150/ea) That's gonna already set me back $300 + labor if that is the proper diagnosis. Warranties SUCK when they expire!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Angry Still in the shop.

The part still has not come in...this is driving me CRAZY! I WANT MY TRUCK BACK!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 AM

I got my truck back yesterday. $634.00 and 2 1/2 weeks later and it seems to be running pretty good on the 40-mile drive to work this morning. The tech replaced the body control module and the fuse box, since the BCM is attached to it.

Carl
Old 02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to hear the exorcist worked
Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
FTP

you mean excorsism

Quick Reply: Possessed F150