Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

P0171 and P0174 and purge valve noise and free flow vacuum leak from fuel tank vent

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0171 and P0174 and purge valve noise and free flow vacuum leak from fuel tank vent

1999 windstar sel 3.8 liter 82k miles. started throwing the vacuum leak code. and positive fuel trims i did the intake manifold bolts, intake gaskets, dpfe sensor, pvc valve, purge valve, canister vent valve, checked egr system, fuel tank pressure sensor, o2 sensors, and maf sensor. fuel pressure is 32# and smoke checked the engine for vacuum leaks... the purge valve makes noise and if i put my finger over the vent opening next to the gas cap, it gets quiet and you can feel the vacuum leak so i plugged it. Why is there free flowing vacuum leak there? I am running out of things to check/fix. the purge valve vibration thread does not say if it was ever fixed... any help would be appreciated. Thanks, bob

Quick Reply: P0171 and P0174 and purge valve noise and free flow vacuum leak from fuel tank vent