Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if you get a lot of questions like the one I'm about to ask. I did some searching, but haven't really found any satisfying answers.

My husband has a 2000 F150. It has a lot of miles on it...like a ton. It runs strong...but now has issues. It's losing coolant somewhere...but there are no obvious leaks (proof on the ground) 95% of the time. It begins to overheat halfway home (usually after driving about 20 miles). He has to run the heater to keep it cool eventually. Lately the weather has been really hot so it has been overheating more. The coolant is disappearing. When he stops the truck sometimes it leaks. Not all the time...only sometimes. Like this morning he drove it and there was no leaks and no overheating. Last night though, it got hot and leaked when he shut it off. When it does leak...it's ONLY after it's turned off after being hot. It doesn't do it every time that it gets hot, but sometimes. He hasn't been able to really investigate where the leak is coming from yet. He says from a quick look, it appears to be coming from the front end passenger side, near the radiator somewhere. He told me on the phone this morning that it's not near the water pump. I'm sorry in advance that I'm clueless and can't provide more details right now, but I need some ideas if anyone has them.

Quick Reply: Overheating