Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Noise while driving

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise while driving

My 2016 F-150 is making a noise while driving.

Here is is a link to a video of the noise.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GuaRY1mlBmVnQ5eDh4TzNIN1k

Dealership can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Kenny
Old 06-24-2017, 04:52 PM

I heard something similar to that problem when I removed my wheel well guard and it was hitting my tires once in a while. If it's really windy that'll definitly happen.
Does it matter what speeds your going? Does your truck vibrate at all or steer funny?

Aidan
Old 06-24-2017, 08:08 PM

I don't no have wheel well guards.

They can't seem to find the problem.

It comes and goes. Might only do it once a day. My wife drive it for two days only made the noise once. I drove it yesterday made it five times in 10 minutes.

Very strange.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Vacuum Solenoid

I think you have a bad vacuum solenoid. The original had no rain hood protection, and the replacement one usually will. ( Rock Auto, like 17 Bucks, as I recall) I have a 2004 F-150, and the moronic engineers at ford designed the rain gutter below the windshild to dump water running down the windshield right onto the damn solenoid. This solenoid sends vacuum to the wheels to deactivate the WTE's at the front wheels. In other words, your front wheel drive is normally engaged, when you start the engine fwd is disengaged by vacuum when in 2wd. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK LIKE THIS. What you are hearing is the splined WTE's intermittantly engaging. I replaced mine a long time ago, and also used a strip of peel and stick EPDM flashing to umbrella the computer as water runs over it too. Really dumb design. Oh, the solenoid is on the firewall behind the battery. Clean the terminals and spray with CRC QD electronic cleaner. Jpegs below Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails Noise while driving-img_0005.jpg   Noise while driving-img_0001.jpg   Noise while driving-img_0003.jpg  

Last edited by jagans; 06-25-2017 at 01:07 PM.