Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

97 F150 130k

So here's the problem:
My gas tank got a hole in it. The gas leaked out and it sat dry for a few months. I patched the hole and refilled with gas. Then it wouldn't start (it would crank over but was getting no gas). I pulled the fuel filter and turned the ignition on and no gas comes out of the lines. I dropped the tank and pulled the wiring harness that connects to the fuel filter to test for current. At this point the battery is dead from sitting/cranking so I charge it. Now, the engine no longer cranks (even with the fully charged battery). When I turn the key to start I just get a click but no crank. I'm wondering what the likely cause of this is? The cranking should be independent of the fuel pump, right? I checked the fuse for the starter and it is still good. The battery shows a full charge on the dashboard gauge. I also switched a battery from my car to test it out in case the battery was somehow compromised, but still wouldn't turn over. Help! -Mike