Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Mystery Connectors /PATS Disconnected

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 04:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation Mystery Connectors /PATS Disconnected

Central Junction Box

(Symptom)- My horn and Cruise are not functioning

So my long time problem has now shed new light. After replacing the clockspring, brake deactivation switch and cruise switches without fixing the problem, the service workshop manual suggests the end of the road is "reapiring the circuit". I ripped my dash apart and began looking for any signs of wear or damage. My visual concerns are pictured. (Picture 1) The connector pictured next to the Central Junction Box is disconnected. This contains 2 green wires with black stripes to one pin and 2 red wires with pink stripes to the other pin; the cable runs to the CJB. I found the Red/Pink pin made continuity with none of the fuses in the CJB. The Green/Black has continuity with all of the circled fuses in Picture 2 [battery (-) was disconnected while checking]. What is suppose to be connected here that would be common with that many fuses (12v?)

Picture 3 shows what appears to be a method of bypassing the PATS system. THIS HAS TO BE WHY THE HORN/CC DON'T WORK...?

(PS) There was a Beacon light and remote starter that had been removed from the vehicle while the previous owner (City of XX) had decommissioned the vehicle. If that sheds any light. Maybe those had tapped into a circuit that could have something to do with the problems I am having?

1999 F150 XL 4.6 4x4

Last edited by snowway; 03-19-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Mystery Connectors /PATS Disconnected