Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

My new dead engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink My new dead engine

Good day all... I'm new to Ford ownership and this board. Here is my story in a nut shell. I recently bought a 2005 XLT with a motor that had a "Bad miss", I just assumed it was a cam phaser or a bad coil or something else I as a tech head could clean up... I mean the price was right and if I needed a motor it would not be a deal breaker. I bought the truck and drove it home and made several stops along the way. Once home more troubleshooting yielded TWO dropped valves within the #1 cylinder, needless to say I am totally impressed knowing after a catastopic failure the truck can bring itself home at 60 miles per hour. Don't get me wrong I love Chevy and Dodge but damn.....let's give credit where it due. I have ordered a reman engine and will keep this truck. Call me what you will.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Sgt Shawshank

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigcity733
Good day all... I'm new to Ford ownership and this board. Here is my story in a nut shell. I recently bought a 2005 XLT with a motor that had a "Bad miss", I just assumed it was a cam phaser or a bad coil or something else I as a tech head could clean up... I mean the price was right and if I needed a motor it would not be a deal breaker. I bought the truck and drove it home and made several stops along the way. Once home more troubleshooting yielded TWO dropped valves within the #1 cylinder, needless to say I am totally impressed knowing after a catastopic failure the truck can bring itself home at 60 miles per hour. Don't get me wrong I love Chevy and Dodge but damn.....let's give credit where it due. I have ordered a reman engine and will keep this truck. Call me what you will.
Rebuild the old engine do a cam swap and build a nice little monster of an engine to drop back in it one day :thumbsup2:
Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth
Rebuild the old engine do a cam swap and build a nice little monster of an engine to drop back in it one day :thumbsup2:
I actually thought of that....but it would not give me the warranty I'm getting. I plan to keep this truck beyond four years.

Quick Reply: My new dead engine