Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Lower control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 12:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lower control arm bushings

Hi Guys.
I am rebuilding the front end of a 2000 F150 XL manual 4x4 and can't seem to find the correct bushings. I ordered a set of Mevotech MK8765 as an ALT to the all rubber MOOG K8765 but while the length of the steel sleeve inside the bushing is correct the profile of the rubber body is all wrong. The new bushings would fit a 55-56mm deep bore in the control arm while the old ones are closer to 70mm.
And the truck has torsion bars if that makes a difference. Do i have a truck with the wrong control arms fitted or is smtg else wrong ?
thoughts?
Old 12-19-2021, 11:14 AM

Received 1,264 Likes on 1,083 Posts

There is a wide variety available. Look for identifying marks on the arms you have.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...trol+arm,10401
Old 12-19-2021, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks. its actuall the lower bushings i'm after and when i open that drop down menu all the options for the 4WD truck cross back to a MOOG K8765. I've been told by Autozone that the Duralast versions (which look physically like the bushings i have removed have been made obsolte but there are two sets in town. I'll be headhing there later today with hte arm and old/new bushings to see if the FB850/851's are correct for the truck.

The Ford bushings below are approx 47mm dia and 51mm dia respectively where as the new Mevotech bushings are 56mm dia and 61mm dia. all teh bushings are 102mm long. I see the metal shell bushings appear closer in size proportionally but would not want to take a chance on those until i see something online that verifies them.

any thoughts ?

the Ford bushings on the left and a set of Mevotech MK8765 (MOOG cross from K8765) on the right.

Quick Reply: Lower control arm bushings