Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Lose of electrical power

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lose of electrical power

So I have a 2013 f150 with the 3.5 ecoboost. So couple weeks ago the shop changed the alternator on my truck and I would randomly still get a battery light while in town driving then it would go away after I would get on the highway. Couple days go by and now the light is constantly coming on so I start digging deeper into it.

The battery when the key is off is at 12.4
When the truck is running its at 14.5
The battery load test comes back just fine

Took it out today on a small test drive after cleaning the terminals and relooking everything back over and now the truck literally loses all power except the power steering, headlights, and wiper blades. everything else has no power then it would come back on for a couple seconds then go off repeatedly and the truck would continue to stay running. But when you're at ideal everything is fine but the battery light is still on. I forgot to add I pulled live data going down the road and its at a steady 14.5 volts going down the road. Do I have a lose ground somewhere that would be causing this or the BCM module going out?

Quick Reply: Lose of electrical power