Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

ignition coil connector

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition coil connector

Working on a 14 f-150 5.0 and noticed one of the ignition coil connectors was broke, I ordered a new motorcraft connector part number wpt 931. I went to cut out the old connector but before I did I saw that it only had two wires coming off of it where as the new one has three. I have researched the part number and it seems to be the correct one but it just doesn’t seem right to have to modify a ford part to get it to fit. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this thanks.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

They're the same plug, just remove the center unused pin from connector and good to go.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:23 PM

Sounds good thank you TyGuy86
Old 03-19-2024, 04:30 PM

Default Curious

New to doing my own repairs (2ish years). I've rebuilt the starter, rebuilt the differentials, replaced exhaust manifold etc. But now having to replace these clips. Before reading this thread, my plan was to cut and splice the wires then wrap in electrical tape as I do with any other electrical swaps. Would this not work here? Do I need use the to solder or pin swap deal? As long as I match up the wires, that shouldn't affect polarity, correct? This is the first swap of this nature, just wanted to check in with the more experienced here before I just go rogue and mess up something replacing a simple connector.

Quick Reply: ignition coil connector