Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Hot air no matter what temp selected

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hot air no matter what temp selected

I have recently acquired a 2011 F150 EcoBoost with dual temp controls. One of the issues the previous owner disclosed was that it blows hot air no matter what.
I suspected a stuck blend door, but now I am not so sure.
What I know: The AC compressor engages, and while I have not yet measured the pressure in the lines, the low pressure line gets freezing cold.
Hot air blows from both passenger's and driver's side vents.
I can switch from floor, to defrost to center vents.
The air coming out of the vents is at constant temperature (very hot), no matter what I set on the dials on either side.
The blower is always at max. If I adjust in manual control the blower speed, the dial on the dashboard changes the number of bars,
but the speed of the blower does not change a bit.

When the previous owner mentioned the problem, I thought immediately about a broken blend door actuator. In my case I have two. Both stuck on hot?
And what about the inability to control the blower speed? Could the problem be in the electronic?

Before I start digging into the bowels of the car, I would like to see if other people have experienced similar problems.

Thanks for your input

Old 05-05-2024, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It turns out that I had two broken actuators (driver and passenger) and a broken blower motor resistor. Replaced all three. Everything works as it should. Incidentally, whoever designed the position of the driver side actuator should be hand, drawn and quartered. I ended up cutting off the last 2" of the passenger side vent. What a PITA.

Quick Reply: Hot air no matter what temp selected