Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

here's an odd one...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking here's an odd one...

Just recently my wipers started to twitch sometimes when I engage the emergency brake. Not everytime and not always to the same degree. Once they did a full wipe.

The only thing electrical I've done is back at the trailer hitch...tapped into the backup wire for a cam.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:50 AM

Talking

No one...No clue?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Ford Fan

What color wire did you connect the camera to? I am working from a 2000-2004 Factory Shop DVD and can trace the wires. From what i see the Reverse lights are the BK/PK wire ( that's black/Pink). this ties into the security modul, electronic day/night mirror, trailer reverse lamp relay, then it goes up to the neutral safety switch orthe tranny selector sensor, depending on your trans. This diagram takes me page to page, have you started with checking your wiper switch to ensure it is not shorting out? If it is fine, tell me the wire color and where you tied in. Also tell me, do you have the trailer wiring harness setup installed. They came in your glove box. the underhood fuse box should have a relay and fuse for this install
Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 AM

Unhappy

I just used a scotch connecter on the black/pink wire at the backside of the hitch plug.

Thanx

Originally Posted by nohsp4u
What color wire did you connect the camera to? I am working from a 2000-2004 Factory Shop DVD and can trace the wires. From what i see the Reverse lights are the BK/PK wire ( that's black/Pink). this ties into the security modul, electronic day/night mirror, trailer reverse lamp relay, then it goes up to the neutral safety switch orthe tranny selector sensor, depending on your trans. This diagram takes me page to page, have you started with checking your wiper switch to ensure it is not shorting out? If it is fine, tell me the wire color and where you tied in. Also tell me, do you have the trailer wiring harness setup installed. They came in your glove box. the underhood fuse box should have a relay and fuse for this install

Quick Reply: here's an odd one...