Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please!!!

first of all, thank you all for welcoming me to the forums...Now, i have a serious issue....Its gun season, i have a muzzler loader tag, and my truck will not idle. pretty sure its the iac valve but i have no idea where it is located. Ive read that it is near the throttle body, but again, i have no idea where that is...Can someone please give me directions as to how to located the iac valve on my 2000 f150? I don't know if i should replace it or clean it...Any help will be greatly appreciated!

thanks again,

dan
Old 11-21-2010, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smackdowndanny
first of all, thank you all for welcoming me to the forums...Now, i have a serious issue....Its gun season, i have a muzzler loader tag, and my truck will not idle. pretty sure its the iac valve but i have no idea where it is located. Ive read that it is near the throttle body, but again, i have no idea where that is...Can someone please give me directions as to how to located the iac valve on my 2000 f150? I don't know if i should replace it or clean it...Any help will be greatly appreciated!

thanks again,

dan
I am not sure about cleaning it or replacing it, I am sure someone has experience in this. But a easy way to locate a part that I dont know what it looks like, I look it up on a parts website so you know what it looks like, this always helps me find it.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:47 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

This is what it looks like it should be where the air intake goes into the motor.