Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Help not getting fuel!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 01:35 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Help not getting fuel!!

Hey everyone im new to the forum, but my name is Jordan and im having a rather large problem....Anyways last night i went mudding and I high centered to where my truck was at about a 45 degree angle with the engine up in the air. So while I was waiting for the tractor to come I just left it running and it started puttering after a few minutes (no more than 15), so out of fear I shut it all off promptly. I immediately started checking for problems. Engine was for sure not over heated, oil pressure was fine (checked while running), oil is golden and wasn't low, it had a half a tank of gass before going out, the exhaust was clear, never reallly in any water so nothing was to wet but rather muddy, and lastly the intake was dry and clean. So tonight me and my dad started tinkering with it and it will crank (engine turns) but will not fire. We checked the fuel rails and we wernt getting any pressure, which would lead us to the fuel pump. The fuel pump DOES come on but when we removed the fuel filter to see if gas would spit out, it did not. We are pretty stumped and if yall can think of anything that would keep us from having to drop the fuel tank shoot me an answer. Ill take any and all suggestions. Thank Yall for the help!!

also have 2 month old spark plugs so that cant be it.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

any help yall?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What year is the truck? Hate to say it, but your going to have to drop the tank... I've done my buddy's fuel pump on his 86 f150 a few times within a few months cause it went out twice and then the third time the hose that went from the pump to the outside of the tank had come off. So the pump would turn on, it would just shoot the gas in the tank. So basically my advice is don't beat around the bush with this one it's obvious you have to drop the tank
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerF150
... you have to drop the tank
/\ yup. Check the filter sock on the pump pickup too. If anything got into your tank, it could have sucked it up into the filter.

Quick Reply: Help not getting fuel!!