Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

heater control knobs not lit up

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater control ***** not lit up

The fan, heat and a/c control ***** underneath the radio in my '98 F150 should be illuminated from the within but they aren't. Also directly behind the steering wheel, the lower half of the dash lights are out. Maybe a fuse or bulb is burned out, does anybody know?

Last edited by srmjam; 01-15-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: no responses
Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 PM

Im having the same problem with my 2002 f 150! any ideas what the problem is? Anybody?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 PM

Default heater control ***** not lit up

I think the two issues I posted about my dash lamps turned out to be two separate fixes. The heater and a/c control ***** not being lit was just two easy bulbs to replace. Remove the shroud from around the radio and heater *****, I think it just snapped apart but was tough so be careful. Underneath that were several screws to remove and then you should see two black plastic bulb holders. Don't remember the bulb number but they were easy to get and cheap. Still haven't attempted the lower speedo area dash light, as research showed it to be fairly big job and I never seem to have time. Maybe one of these days.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Galaxy Rider

Default Ditto on the 2002 problem

I just bought a 2002 before Christmas and only found out about the light problem when it got dark. Didn't figure a bulb replace would be as complicated as described her pulling stuff off and needing a screw stick to replace bulbs is another piece of BS engineering (IMHO).

Quick Reply: heater control knobs not lit up