Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Fuse #14 Blows on Constantly

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse #14 Blows on Constantly

Okay, first off I have a 2005 F150 Lariat supercrew
I bought the truck used a while back and since I’ve owned it the cruise control and reverse lights haven’t worked, but I never got around to looking into it. Well a week or so ago I went to investigate and found the fuse that controls both of those functions, Fuse 14, wasn’t even there. So I popped a new 10 amp and everything worked great, then it blew, so I replaced it, and it blew again. I’m not very mechanically inclined, and I have other issues with the truck I’d like to fix, so is their anything I can do about this issue myself ?
Old 04-20-2019, 08:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

You have a short somewhere, could be a few things a wire pinched or wore through, a bad connector. You need to trace the wires from the circuit, could be quite time consuming.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

I would start with the third brake light.. not sure if yours is working or not but, that is a water entry point on our trucks. could be corroded bulb socket... check reverse light sockets.. pull the drivers side door sill up and check for water in the wire channel.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:53 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

^check on both of those
Old 04-20-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Axemanjon
You have a short somewhere, could be a few things a wire pinched or wore through, a bad connector. You need to trace the wires from the circuit, could be quite time consuming.
ive seen water buildup in the third brake light and the passenger side taillight, and I know one bulb in the third brake light isn’t working, so I’ll take a look at that
Old 04-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

I’m betting the bulb socket in the third brake light is corroded and causing your short.. this completes the cruise control circuit. I would just buy a new third brake light .. they come with up graded gaskets and LED for around $25 shipped. You need to check that tail light too...
Old 08-01-2020, 06:06 PM

Hey Guys. I know this is an old post but a google search pulled it up when I searched 2006 f150 ac clutch. I am having a similar problem. I have the number 14 fuse blowing. I saw that it had many items on that fuse. One is the ac pressure switch. I did not notice that it said pressure switch and assumed it was for the compressor. I unplugged the compressor clutch and it hasn't blow for months. I decided to get a new clutch and started to replace the clutch and found this forum post. Fuse #11 is for the clutch. Why would it stop blowing fuse #14 when I unplugged the compressor?
Old 08-02-2020, 07:32 AM

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the A/C Cycling Switch (ACCS) is shorting. Since the clutch is unplugged, the compressor isn't coming on so the cycling switch isn't switching either.

IIRC, the ACCS is located on the accumulator.

Edit: The wiring diagram I'm looking at is for an 08. The 08 only has the ACCS on fuse 14. The 06 maybe different and have both the High Pressure Switch and ACCS on the same circuit. I can't find a correct year diagram. So check for possibly bad switches and/or faulty wiring.

Last edited by Nun Ya; 08-02-2020 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-02-2020, 08:22 AM

Received 935 Likes on 740 Posts

I was leaning towards the same theory as Nun Ya posted. My idea was that it might be the high pressure switch circuit though so it probably would be best to consider both as suspects. Note: The control system for the 08 is substantially different as it evolved into the transducer scheme. Can't use it for this system.

As a simple test, disconnect both switches, one at a time, and install jumpers in the harness plugs. See if the system activates without blowing the fuse F14. If so, connect one switch at a time to identify the culprit. Have a supply of spare fuses on hand.

Just be aware that F14 feeds a lot of things...

Last edited by ProjectSHO89; 08-02-2020 at 08:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Blackbuzzard (08-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Fuse #14 Blows on Constantly