Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Ford App vehicle health report problem- charging system

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford App vehicle health report problem- charging system

2018 2.7 F150 STX. 5200 miles. Bought from dealer with 300 miles.

>First oil change at 3500 miles.

>Had low speed impact with deer at 4000 miles. It's getting grill and shutter replaced Monday. Dealer/auto body shop states they didn't note any other damage. Impact was under braking at less 15mph. No airbag deployment, cosmetic only.

>Had hard shifts from new in 1-4 on downshift and 5-8 on upshift. Dealer said their was a TSB and reflashed. No issues since.

This morning I drove home 6 miles after warming it up (31 degrees outside. Parked for 24 hours). Got home and I believe while parked auto start/stop engaged and shut down. No CEL or lights on dash. Got into bed and my phone blew up with Ford App alerts. Indicator lamp code and charging system service code. Ran outside and ran the truck, the alerts on the app disappeared, sync 3 states no issues on dash vehicle health, no lights on dash.

I will bring it up with dealer on Monday. My theory is that it ran an auto vehicle health test in park with the auto/start stop engaged and didn't like what it saw.

anyone else have this happen? Why on occasion does auto/start stop stay stopped in park and other times turn back on once it goes into park and foot is lifted off the brake?

thanks guys.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:04 PM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

I don’t have auto start/stop on my truck but I will say I think you’re right about the vehicle health glitch. On mine, if I run it with the parking brake on, the truck will show errors on vehicle health... weird
Old 10-22-2018, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ji603
I don’t have auto start/stop on my truck but I will say I think you’re right about the vehicle health glitch. On mine, if I run it with the parking brake on, the truck will show errors on vehicle health... weird
It is in right now. Opted for a ford dealer auto body shop to replace the shutter and grill (only damage). They will try to run a diagnostic but might not be able to today. Truck has been fine since and the app has not thrown any warnings. The dealer believes the indicator lamp alert could have been related to the shutter being damaged. The charging system he cannot attribute it to the shutter. What I have not been able to get an answer from anyone about is if it is normal for auto/start to stay off while in park. At times it will engage as I press my foot on the brake prior to shifting into park. Sometimes it starts right back up when shifting gears even with foot on brake. Other times it remains off in park until I raise my foot. It may have also remained off with foot off but I cannot confirm as I've never paid that much attention.

I'm really bad with sync and have not figured out how to run a report. I seem to get one sent to my phone every time the rig is off. Time given works out for shut down time and until that incident never had an issue even with the auto start/stop being off maybe once a week or one in every 30 stops while putting it into park.

I love auto start/stop. Having used earlier versions on other manufacturer's vehicles in Africa and Asia I can tell you ford hit the nail on the head with how seamless this system is. It's not perfect but its night and day better than the early VW versions in particular, especially on their diesel cars.

Quick Reply: Ford App vehicle health report problem- charging system