Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Exhaust help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:47 PM

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Exhaust help needed!!

I have a 2015 F150 3.5L Ecoboost. Two weeks ago I replaced my factory muffler with a Flowmaster 40 series(dual). That was a mistake and was way too loud. So I took it back to the shop and asked that my OEM muffler be reinstalled. However the shop said my muffler was gone (thrown away) but that he recommended the "dynomax ultra flo" which he said was very close to OEM,was quieter, and would work well with my turbo engine. So he took off the flowmaster mufflers nod replaced them. I just left the shop a few minutes ago. The exhaust sounds quiet and I'm happy with it. However when I got home I got under my truck and looked at the mufflers- and realized they were definitely not Dynomax . I found a part number(80037626) on the mufflers and confirmed they are "AP Exhaust 3762 Enforcer II. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off about being lied to. I'll handle that tomorrow. But now I'm wondering if these $20 mufflers are bad for my truck. I can't find where they are compatible with my truck anywhere online. Looks like they are compatible with vehicles before 1999. Here's a link to the muffler(link below). Any advice or input about how these mufflers will interact with my engine and overall performance. Thanks!!