Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Emission Deletion

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Emission Deletion

I've got a 1995 F150 with a 302 and I'm considering a new project, but don't know how all exactly to go about it. I love my truck to death, but the entire time i've owned it, most of the major problems have been tied back to the emission system, and I'm just tired of fighting it, and I'm looking for guidance on this operation. My state has never done, to my knowledge, i've never had to, go through emission tests before. This is just a series of points i've got floating around in my head:
+I've got one catalytic converter left in the exhaust and i'm wanting to ditch it. +I've got an exhaust leak coming from the air diverter/bypass valve, i'm wanting to get rid of it.
+The egr valve gave me fits for a while, then i pulled the vacuum line going to it, and it straightened up and ran great. I saw no loss in milage, if anything else, an improvement. So can I cut it off and cap the pipe going to it and the hole in the intake manifold, or can i leave it all together?
+Its to my understand (which could easily be flawed) that the smog pump can be bypassed with a shorter belt? What would be the effects if any?
And if there's anything i've gotten wrong with my ideas or if i'm missing something or need to do something, please let me know. Like I said, i'm tired of fighting it, I just want to get rid of it all. I get ~13 mpg combined right now, so improving, or hurting it, isn't really a concern of mine.

Quick Reply: Emission Deletion