Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Drive train noise after cold start

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive train noise after cold start

2017 XLT 3.5 EB with 10 speed transmission.

After a cold start (truck has been sitting), truck in drive with very light throttle, I hear a noise from the drive train (or possibly transmission) any time I let off the gas pedal. Once the truck is warm it no longer makes this noise. By the time I normally get out of a parking lot the noise is gone. I normally don't hear this if the truck has been remote started and warmed up. It is most noticeable when I drive it immediately after starting the truck. Not as noticeable in the summer (truck is warmer?). Not as noticeable in the winter because I remote start my truck and it warms up while parked. Best way to describe the noise is like the sound of shuffling a deck of cards. It is not the common 10 speed transmission rattle (which is a sharper noise).

I have not taken it to the dealer because there is a very short time frame for them to duplicate the noise. Thought I would see if anybody else has dealt with it before making an issue of it.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Yake Bait; 05-22-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Drive train noise after cold start