Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Differential vent tube hanging from differential

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential vent tube hanging from differential

Had some rear end body work done on my 2013 F150. Looks like they forgot to reattach the end of hose that clips to the frame somewhere. Well, I found a black male nipple attached to a cross member right above where the other end is attached to the differential. I assume this is where I attach the loose end? The only reason I ask is because other areas on the web where I searched said that this end doesn't attached to anything it's just clipped to frame. I assume the newer trucks have this nipple attached to the frame?
Thanks
Old 02-15-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

You are correct. Older trucks had the hose snapped into a clip on the frame only. No nipple was provided. This vent is critical only when submerging the rear end in water or mud.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM

Anyone have a part # for this hose? over 10 years old now I've had it break off down at the axel a couple times now. I just cut off the 1/2 inch at the fitting and slide the hose back over. I figure 2 times is enough, i should go ahead and get a new one, but I cannot find anything older than 2014, and don't want to assume they are the same.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:28 PM

Received 612 Likes on 475 Posts

just being a vent hose for the diff Id go to the auto parts store and buy some hose by the foot, cut it down to what you need
Old 03-25-2024, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by dsg2003mach1
just being a vent hose for the diff Id go to the auto parts store and buy some hose by the foot, cut it down to what you need
I was going to do that, but then figured (with my luck) I’d damage the fitting at the cross beam some how and then be worse off for my efforts lol

Quick Reply: Differential vent tube hanging from differential