Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Dealership work issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership work issues

Hate for my first post here being kind of a long one, but I am just curious if anyone has gone through anything like i am dealing with right now.

Bought a '15 Screw 3.5EB with a 6.5' bed (amazing how hard those are to find surprisingly) and at the time when i went to the dealership, there was a small transmission leak. I didnt think much of it as it looked like it was the output seal as it was on the transmission/T-case mating surface. And it still has the factory warranty so I said as long as it goes to the ford dealership that was down the street for them to do the work and if they say nothing else is wrong with it i would purchase it. Fast forward a few days, I talk to the tech that did the work. He replaced the one of the seals (can't remember which one exactly right now, but wasn't the output) and said everything else was good after doing an inspection so finish up the paperwork at the original dealership and take possession of the truck.

8 days later the transmission is done. I get it to my local ford dealer and they are saying that the previous service department either forgot to put something back in or just had no clue what they were doing. Due to all the destroyed gears in there, its impossible for them to tell. This was back on the 14th that i took it to my local ford and they are being extremely helpful, but i still have another 2 weeks until they can get a replacement transmission in.

I am just curious as to what are my options here? Can i fight for an extended warranty or did i just completely F up getting what i thought should be a simple fix wasn't?
Old 06-09-2019, 09:26 AM

Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

If it was me, I’d be happy with a replacement trans. The warrantee should be good on it. Too bad this happens on a new-to-you truck.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jfkmk
If it was me, I’d be happy with a replacement trans. The warrantee should be good on it. Too bad this happens on a new-to-you truck.
I am with the replacement. But at the same time, this is the dealership that said it was in great shape. My confidence in that isn't the best after seeing the quality of work that i was given.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Everyone makes mistakes and people have good days and bad days...……….it's how they/you handle the mistakes/bad days. Sounds like the dealer IS taking responsibility for the problem (THAT is a big plus), and it does show they are honest. I would let them complete the repairs and see how things go.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:38 PM

So i didn't speak to the dealership who botched the job the first time as the person who wrote my ticket would not return my voice mail. and everyone else i talk to says that they have no clue about it... But from what i was told from my local dealership that is now doing the work is that the original service department is essentially playing dumb and denying that they did anything on their end. Currently I am just waiting until i get my truck back to deal with original service department manager... But at this point i guess the anger from being stranded on I-95 has warn off so maybe i should drop it and be happy with the replacement trans. My wife, who was with me with our 7 month old, still has not had this change of heart and wants them held somehow accountable, hence the original question on what kind of options i have.

Luckily my local ford dealer is taking care of everything and has provided me a loaner for almost the last month now while they are waiting for the replacement to come in. I know they have earned my business for here on out.

Quick Reply: Dealership work issues