Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Comparing Brake Pads and Rotors (Canadian Tire vs Amazon)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparing Brake Pads and Rotors (Canadian Tire vs Amazon)

I'm relatively new into the world of auto DIY. Looking for some wisdom.

I'm going to be doing a brake pad and rotor change later this month. I'm trying to understand some of the tremendous price differences for parts that appear to be advertised very similar (unless I am missing something).

Canadian Tire Pro Series OEM+ Brake Pads $83.29 on sale (97.99 full price)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/p...brake+pads#srp
Canadian Tire Pro Series OEM+ Brake Rotor $130.04/each on sale (152.99 full price)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/p...ake+rotors#srp

vs

Amazon.ca, Max Advanced Brake Pads and Rotor Kit $203.18 (with $30 coupon)
Amazon Amazon

I am trying to understand why brakes and rotors would cost $400+ at Canadian Tire, but half the price on Amazon. I have heard that Canadian Tire is a more expensive option. Is there that significant of a quality difference as well? Both seem similarly reviewed on their respective websites. What am I missing/overlooking?
Old 10-15-2023, 09:33 PM

Received 307 Likes on 185 Posts

It's funny, because I've usually found the same product cheaper at Canadian tire, amazon isn't exactly cheap but its strong suit is you can almost find everything there. I've had great success with max brakes on my last vehicle (ram 1500) and I tow frequently. factory rotor wrapped not long after I start towing so switched to max brakes.

Quick Reply: Comparing Brake Pads and Rotors (Canadian Tire vs Amazon)