Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

CEL Mystery. Fuel Trim Reading Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default CEL Mystery. Fuel Trim Reading Help!

2010 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 206k Miles

I have the dreaded P0130 and P0150 CEL still showing up after clearing it multiple times. I have cleared the MAF sensor already and checked everywhere for vacuum leaks. Nothing is showing up. Using my SCT X4 Tuner, I focused on the Short Term and Long Term Fuel Trims and found them to hover right around 1.0. LTFT moved from 0.99 to 1.0 with an occasional 0.98 showing up. STFT went as low as 0.88 and as high as 1.14 but always comes back to 1.0. To me, this shows no lean or rich conditions, correct? Yet I still have the pesky CEL on. I know there is a TSB for this but I don't think it is simply in the tune. But yet both upstream O2 Sensors going bad at the same time seems like I won the lottery...The lottery no one wants to win... Am i missing something or should I just dive in to replacing the O2 Sensors and see if that fixes it? Or go to the dealership and have them update the vehicle tune per the TSB?
Old 11-29-2018, 06:02 PM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

I could only suggest that - those DTC are "CIRCUIT" related. I would check the wiring from the PCM to the O2 sensors very well for shorts / opens / poor connector connections before replacing the O2's.

I also believe that, given that neither O2 sensor is able to produce a valid reading - I would have NO faith in the Fuel Trim readings. The PCM uses a concept called FMEM (Failure Mode Effects Management), and those fuel trim readings may be defaults JAMMED in to keep the truck running as best as it can.

Get rid of the P0130 and P0150 - however you have to.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:04 PM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

Duplicate. don't know why

Last edited by F150Torqued; 11-29-2018 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Remove Dup
Old 11-29-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F150Torqued
I could only suggest that - those DTC are "CIRCUIT" related. I would check the wiring from the PCM to the O2 sensors very well for shorts / opens / poor connector connections before replacing the O2's.

I also believe that, given that neither O2 sensor is able to produce a valid reading - I would have NO faith in the Fuel Trim readings. The PCM uses a concept called FMEM (Failure Mode Effects Management), and those fuel trim readings may be defaults JAMMED in to keep the truck running as best as it can.

Get rid of the P0130 and P0150 - however you have to.
That was my original thought as well. I checked all of the connections and could not find anything. The CEL came on after I dropped the engine oil pan about 5 weeks ago so I could replace a broken dipstick tube (Had to hammer it out from the underside). I didn't have to disconnect any wiring but I did have to drop the front axle to get the pan out. Ill look around that area again tomorrow and see if I can find anything that stands out. Thank you for the reply F150Torqued!

Quick Reply: CEL Mystery. Fuel Trim Reading Help!