Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Catch Can: Best Install w Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 10:25 PM

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Default Catch Can: Best Install w Video

Ok, so I just wanted to share this. Imho, this video is the best explanation of the issue and the best installation of a catch can, allowing it to do its job. Hope this helps someone, it def helped me.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:18 AM

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Saw this when he posted it and thought the same thing.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:00 AM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I thought I had myself talked out of a catch can now this video has me back on the fence, thanks goose! Haha

One question I have about these, will it interfere with my factory powertrain warranty?
Old 11-02-2016, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goose, I've only seen one 2016 2.7l F150 RXP catch can install on youtube. Nothing was being caught by the catch can on that one 2016 and it looks like the owner did a matching install as the one shown in the Makuloco video you provided. There is one big difference on the 2016 2.7l F150, there's an extra clean air hose on the driver-side connected to the turbo-tube (closest to the front grille) and it routes to the intake manifold (IM) in 2 different spots. If that extra clean air hose was added to correct pressures in the IM and/or valve cover, is it possible the catch can will not produce the excellent results seen on 2015 (or earlier) models? Can anyone out there prove good RXP catch can evidence from a 2016 F150 2.7l, please share your pictures.

Last edited by Mike87109; 11-02-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:23 AM

Just so you guys know, and I hope to not ruffle any feathers, beware! I bought mine from
http://teamrxp.com/

Seems the other (2) sites:
http://www.rxspeedworks.com/
&
http://www.rxperformanceproducts.com/

The one I bought was after research....I like the fact that its made here in America and that its tig welded. Nicely built. I have a 3.5 Eco so not sure about the 2.7 Eco and how dirty/clean it is. I have heard that the 2.7 is a cleaner engine than its big brother though....

Last edited by 2016BoostedGreyGoose; 11-03-2016 at 09:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike87109 (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 AM

Goose, Did you modify the additional driver-side turbo hose (the one closest to the front grille and going to two IM port locations)? thx.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:09 PM
F150 Forum

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2016BoostedGreyGoose
Just so you guys know, and I hope to not ruffle any feathers, beware! I bought mine from
http://teamrxp.com/

Seems the other (2) sites:
http://www.rxspeedworks.com/
&
http://www.rxperformanceproducts.com/

are NOT the same and have some Chinese made parts,
The one I bought was after research....I like the fact that its made here in America and that its tig welded. Nicely built. I have a 3.5 Eco so not sure about the 2.7 Eco and how dirty/clean it is. I have heard that the 2.7 is a cleaner engine than its big brother though....
YUP FEATHERS RUFFLED.

Your "research" lead you to one of the most crooked fellas in the business, Tracy Lewis. Man I am so over this nonsense and sick to my stomach to have to go over this propaganda B.S. again.

For starters why isn't Tracy on this forum or most of the other popular sites?

Because he has been banned from almost everywhere. Second he sold his "RX" brand, intellectual properties and products in 2015 to a company here in Florida called McNally Electronics (see attachments). After doing so McNally in collaboration with Tracy redesigned the can for the better.

McNally is staffed with real engineers not shade tree mechanics with no integrity claiming to have worked for a large auto manufacturer.

Tracy sold his catch can business for the sum of $1 because he was under the guidance of a "Business Consultant" that certainly didn't have his best interest in mind. He did so in exchange for a salary and a new Camaro with the stipulation that he would remain an employee. His only responsibility was to ensure the catch can business ran smoothly and R&D.

Shortly after the deal was inked (4 months), Tracy's business consultant buddy who owned 40% of the new company they formed was terminated and not allowed on McNallys property. Tracy got fired up and got into a huge fight with the owner of McNally and then resigned.

At this point myself and another former employee of Tracy's were getting settled into our new rolls at RX Speed Works as the master resellers for the catch can products. Tracy asked us to go with him, back to the filthy little shop he works out of in Palmetto, Florida to help him push catch cans under the brand he no longer owns.

He now spends his time getting his customers to trash us claiming we are selling knock off product. The truth is he is the one selling counterfeit product and without right to use the brand. It is quite the situation and a real cluster.

The worst part of this is while McNally hasn't wanted to pursue the matter legally for several reasons, Tracy continues to bash us. He is the most childish 60+ year old guy I've ever encountered in business. He should focus on making money but just can't take jabs at us every chance he gets, he's off his rocker. Investors beware, anyone with a few bucks to invest will undoubtedly hear the same sob story and get nothing out of any dollars spent. That I'm aware of no one to date has made dime one back.

Anyway, anyone who wants to do business with him, go right ahead but don't help him spread his propaganda and lies. I'd recommend taking this post down without knowing both sides of the story or you're no better than crazy Tracy.

Tracy literally sells Chinese garbage on his website so this is outrageously hysterical to me. He has a "Universal Catch Can" with a site glass on it he is trying to pass off as if he made it. Anyone dumb enough to buy it deserves it. Here's a pic from his signature website, search for him by name if you want a laugh. I am not putting a link to his site but here's an image of the product. You can find this garbage on eBay for under $20 and he is selling it for $169.

Officially I sell the RX modular by McNally. No one but Tracy and the few still associated with him have anything bad to say about me or the business I run. Currently all of the product I sell at RX Speed Works are of the highest quality and made in America.

I work with solid companies and only those with integrity unlike Tracy and his crew. I proudly sell the following American made brands:

McNally Specialty Automotive Products in Zephyrhills, Florida
UPR Products in Lake Worth, Florida
Saikou Michi in Tucson, Arizona
VMAX Motorsports in Tampa, Florida
and others...

I challenge anyone to find someone that has anything negative to say about me, my business or the products I sell that isn't somehow affiliated with Tracy and his crew.

Now do everyone a favor and take this ridiculous post down.

Tommy Thomsen
RX Speed Works
Attached Thumbnails Catch Can: Best Install w Video-rx-p1.jpeg   Catch Can: Best Install w Video-rx-p2.jpeg   Catch Can: Best Install w Video-rx-p3.jpeg   Catch Can: Best Install w Video-rx-p4.jpeg   Catch Can: Best Install w Video-rx-p5.jpeg  

The following 2 users liked this post by RX Speed Works:
Mike87109 (11-02-2016), Trea (11-10-2016)

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2016, 03:30 PM

Wow, well ok. Hope you guys get this worked out as I am simply an end user. THANKS for the info....I think you may have made a friend or 2, bit to say anyone dumb enough to buy his product is a bit far...imho. It is not my role to research who has whom over a barrel nor in possible litigation. The catch can I was referring to is a huge black catch can not that chrome thing. It is the same can as used in the YouTube video. SORRY that your feathers got ruffled, I actually was meaning that towards people that would have bought say the Full-Race CC or other. People tend to be brand loyal. I had no real way of knowing who was real or real ****ty. It's unfortunate that you guys are having to deal with this, however, it is not my fight. I have no skin in the game. I am a consumer. OPINIONS are formed based off of how potential customers are treated, or mistreated. I may actually cancel my order with them. CAN you give more details about your clean side separator?.....
Old 11-02-2016, 04:35 PM

What a mess… I'm in the same spot as you Goose, I'm just a consumer trying to build trust with someone that claimed to know everything about catch cans (aka Tracy). I'm greatly disappointed and I'm not going to install a catch can on my 2016 2.7l F150 until I can get good install instructions (with pictures) and meaningful/beneficial CC accumulation data on a 2016 2.7l F150. I hate it when simple things are made super complicated, argh!
The following users liked this post:
2016BoostedGreyGoose (11-02-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 09:20 AM
F150 Forum

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2016BoostedGreyGoose
Wow, well ok. Hope you guys get this worked out as I am simply an end user. THANKS for the info....I think you may have made a friend or 2, bit to say anyone dumb enough to buy his product is a bit far...imho. It is not my role to research who has whom over a barrel nor in possible litigation. The catch can I was referring to is a huge black catch can not that chrome thing. It is the same can as used in the YouTube video. SORRY that your feathers got ruffled, I actually was meaning that towards people that would have bought say the Full-Race CC or other. People tend to be brand loyal. I had no real way of knowing who was real or real ****ty. It's unfortunate that you guys are having to deal with this, however, it is not my fight. I have no skin in the game. I am a consumer. OPINIONS are formed based off of how potential customers are treated, or mistreated. I may actually cancel my order with them. CAN you give more details about your clean side separator?.....
Hey man, I apologize for implying you were dumb for purchasing their kit, that's not what I meant. That is to say because you purchased the original RX welded can. I was only referring to that rectangular can in the image with a sight glass attached to it. To call someone dumb for buying that was a bit out of line as well, I was a bit aggravated while writing that reply.

Just to be clear, McNally is a rather large company with deep pockets, they invested well over six figures to get the catch can business going. I myself am a small business and that said neither of us want to stop Tracy from making a living. He can do whatever he likes and selling under his signature brand is well in his right. Our issue is him selling the RX brand, trashing us for it and making claims that we're doing something shady.

As far as the clean side separator nothing has changed from the original 3 piece version to the version we sell today. We do however offer a solid one piece sonic welded plastic version as well. It's available as a lower cost option and just as efficient and reliable as the original.

Look, if Tracy would just leave us alone and stop spreading his lies I would never bring his name up again. I came into the catch can business through an investment deal a buddy of mine was involved in. I spent 5 months working out of his dirty little shop and while there got a real insight into him.

There were vehicles in his shop for over 2 years that still weren't finished when I left. He was threatened by customers all the time and he dodged every call and knock at the door. Here's a terrible story... There was an elderly gentlemen with a 2014 Camaro V6 that Tracy installed a turbo on. That gentlemen was almost a 2 hour drive from the shop and at my last experience with the guy he had put over 15 hours of drive time into the situation. Tracy was using JB Weld to seal leaks due to his hack job. He charged that guy well over 7k and the car barely made any horsepower on the dyno after he promised it would double it. I could go on...

My advice, keep your kit, you'll only deal with ridiculous drama if you return your kit. If they catch wind of this thread and you return who knows when you'll get your refund. You are right, this isn't your problem and the only thing I'd ask is that you remove the bit about rxspeedworks.com selling cheap Chinese knockoffs or whatever you said.

Regards,

Tommy