Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Can't get rid of fault code

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can't get rid of fault code

Two years ago I got a new Job that set me up with a company owned truck. So I parked my 2011 F-150 in the driveway to use as a means to get around and go on trips without using the company truck. I started having the check engine light come on and I started loosing power when I hauled my trailer when I never used to. I put a code reader on it to see what was going on and quickly found that I had several issues. So I decided to do a tune up. Changed the spark plugs and all the ignition coils and then started having injector issues. I found out that they were the original injectors and had almost 300K miles. So I changed those out. I now have two reoccurring codes P0303, P0305. I have checked voltage to the injectors and its 14VDC. I checked the resistance of the injectors and they come out to 11 ohms on one and 12 ohms on the other. I put a test light to the connector off the wiring harness and and its getting the pulse from the ECM for both injectors. I don't know what else the issue could be. I did think that the connectors off the wiring harness might be bad so i changed those out and did see some improvement but the codes have not gone away. I tried unhooking the battery and left it for a day. Then hooking it back up and go from there and the codes are still there. I swapped injectors with ones that are working. I changed spark plugs with ones that are working. I changed ignition coils that were working. I would like some help here with this, because short of changing out the ECM I don't know where I went wrong.

Total list of all parts that are new.

Spark plugs
Ignition coils
Fuel injectors
Crank shaft position sensor
mass airflow sensor
O2 sensors ALL
Old 09-02-2023, 10:00 PM

Received 945 Likes on 748 Posts

Since it doesn't appear, based on your report, that the issue is spark plugs, coils or injectors, it is time to dig deeper.

Time to do a dry/wet compression test to see if there is a base engine concern.

The following users liked this post:
flyswat446 (09-08-2023)

Quick Reply: Can't get rid of fault code