Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

camshaft positioning sensor does it adjust your timing

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question camshaft positioning sensor does it adjust your timing

ok thanks in advance three weeks ago i blew a freeze plug and of course blown head gasket well i port and polished the heads resurfaced them and put the motor back together now when i started it not the correct way mind youit knocked and banged so i took the valve cover off the passenger side pulled the pushrods blew the wateroil mixture out of them which was left from blown head gasket i assume disconected pretty much any thing in the way and started motor a little sluggish but fired right up let it run for a few minutes no more noise so put it back together and try to start it and cranks over fine but acts like timings off but i didnt mess with timing chain and when you pull a plug its soaked with fuel flooded so am at a loss the only thing i can think of is camshaft positioning sinsor am i right i checked every outher emmisions dodad thiere is and all are within specs please help oh its a 98 ext cab 3rd door with the 4.2 v6 i have a obd 2 reader it dosent show any codes and iam getting spark plugs are new help been on this for three weeks
Old 01-04-2013, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would send a personal message to one of the senior members requesting help with this issue. I found a fella talking about similar probllems with my truck in great detail. He was a senior member so I private msgd him and he was able to help me.

Quick Reply: camshaft positioning sensor does it adjust your timing