Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Cam Sensor Problems on 06 5.43v

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Sensor Problems on 06 5.43v

My 2006 f-150 5.43v, 185,000 miles. Had replaced plugs and coils at 120,000 with motorcraft plugs and accel coils. Replaced alternator with a duralast gold around 140,000. Thats some background history. This is my problem. When I have to move forward like a car length such as when your moving up at the drive-thru line when you just have to pat the gas for a second and get off. It will stall and go dead. First I tried cleaning the throttle body but it didnt help with the stalling. I am getting codes p0340 and p0345. So I bought a Duralast Cam Pos Sensor because thats all I could get in the town i live in its small rural area. Replaced the sensor on the driver side drove around town 10 or 15 mins. And lights off its alot better about patting the gas and it going dead but if you hold the brake and get it up to about 1300 rpm in gear and let off the gas will still stall. Ok this is where it gets fun. You can unplug one sensor on either side and it will stop stalling when you hold the brake and get it up to 1300rpm. Do you think I should replaced the other cam sensor as well?, or should I start to look at that alternator as the possible problem. Got a brand new battery in it less then a week old. It has had a nice knock to the engine for about a year now. Just started throwing codes this week. I would say its been stalling out for about a couple months now and its getting worse every week..Update just did alternator check with multimeter 12.9 with it not running, 13.9 with it running. Prob not the alternator looks like.

Last edited by repoman13; 11-07-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:30 PM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

If you are like most, you probably will have to throw some more money at it to get totally convinced. But based on your mileage, symptoms, codes and the fact this is your first post, I would say you might as well save your money on that other CPS. I believe a cam / timing job is sneaking up on you. If the P0340 and P0345 are hard codes that come right back, you're already there. But there's plenty of help here for that. https://www.f150forum.com/f4/final-r...-sound-141266/