Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Bogged power output

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogged power output

Hi,
I'm new to the forum if I'm inadvetly breaking rules I apologize I'm just trying to seek answers. My 2011 f150 Ecoboost all stock has developed a symptom of no power. The truck would accelerate to 2,000 RPM and it will not go higher unless you floor it in which case you move at the same slow rate of speed just at 6,000 RPM instead of 2,000. For some time stopping on the highway turning it off and turning it back on would resolve the issue for the trip. Also note that during the lack of power there was no noise associated with the turbos. Before I could hear the blow off valve or the wind of it but these noises where not present during the episode of no power. Ford has changed the spark plugs 5,000 miles ago due to a misfire and are now looking at it for the 3rd day in a row. They claimed some codes were left over from the misfire cleared the codes now the vehicle is worse all the same problems RPMs now fluctuate vehicle rattles and shakes.