Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Another Lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Lemon?

Good morning. First post and it’s a sad one. I leased a 2017 F150 lariat brand new approximately 16 months ago. Truck had issues from the get go:
-creaking, rattling vista roof
-oil leak
-doors not opening or latching
-failed console door
-failed heated mirrors
-rattles in the doors, dashboard and somewhere I could never pin down

after 16k Ford Motor bought the truck back, for that I’m grateful for the way they handled the process. Hats off to them, as a result, if felt compelled to lease another F150 as I figured it was a fluke. I leases a gorgeous 2018 White F150 Limited, 69k sticker I might add. Truck was great for about 3k miles. I’ve already had the drivers door freeze up, and a poor alignment. the dealer corrected the drivers door but can seem to get the truck aligned.

So last night, I was 40 miles away from home with my oldest daughter and when get get in the truck The passenger door was so locked up, i had to opened from the inside. She got in, the the door would not latch. I tried everything to get this door to close, the lock pin inside was so locked up I thought it was going to break my hand. So we drove with her holding the door. It finally decided to latch about 20 minutes into the drive. So now my confidence is again gone with Ford and this truck. Now @ 3k the list of issues are
-doors not functioning, opening and closing
-bad alignment
-drivers door is misaligned, wind noise on the freeway and moundings not aligned
-clunking rear end at lower speeds
-tail gate is completely misaligned major differences in the gaps from left to right

am I cursed here? Have others had this many issues? I have modified 2013 Shelby putting down 650 Rwhp with no issues at 14k on the clock and drive it hard!!!

Personally, I want this truck out of my life as well. Zero confidence in the build quality of this truck!!!

Thansk for reading my rant!!! -Tom
Old 02-09-2019, 12:57 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I'd say you just have bad luck with a truck. 3rd times a charm they say.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

It's a lease and one of your issues is tailgate alignment side to side. Most owners would complain if the gate didn't close properly but not many if any at all would notice the alignment. Door not closing is only solid issue I saw.

Quick Reply: Another Lemon?