Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Alarm troubles

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm troubles

Have an '08 XLT and recently my alarm has been doing the 6-quick horn honks and going all out at random. No one is around the truck when it goes off. The doors are locked. Windows up, down or cracked doesn't matter. There isn't a certain time of day/night when it goes off. I got under the dash and reset the alarm a couple times by holding in the button, letting the light go solid, then back to flashing. The battery is new. I haven't looked REAL hard, but I didn't see any wire shorts anywhere. It kinda sucks being "that neighbor" who's truck alarm goes off in the middle of the night for no reason. Also not too fun running outside at 3:00 AM in just shorts and "tools" looking for whatever caused the alarm to go off (gets cold overnight on CO in February).

Any ideas on a fix would be great.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY 2012 just started doing the same thing f250.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:03 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have the Ford Gold remote start with the lock and unlock buttons? If so you can change the programming for the light touch, that's likely why it's going off. You will have to find programming options for it which likely won't be with your owners manual so you might have to go to a dealership to get them and they explain how to set the light touch and heavy touch alarm. It'll be bank 1 option 2 and 3 I think. It's been quite a few years since I was installing remote starts at Ford. Good luck

Quick Reply: Alarm troubles