Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

98 F150 grinds and shakes, please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98 F150 grinds and shakes when slowing down, please help

ok heres the deal, I got this 98 F150 XLT 4x4 Supercab about 2 years ago with 150,000 miles on it so i dont know whats been done to it. When I got it, I had it inspected, brakes serviced and changed pads, got new hoses, lines, spark plugs. In all the work cost me around 3 grand.
Lately the front end of the truck has been shaking like crazy. When I let off the gas pedal, the truck sounds exactly like something is rubbing on the tires and vibrates the whole truck. I have checked around and nothing can possibly be rubbing. Also, when I apply the brakes, the front end shakes but towards the end of the stop, the shaking becomes worse. Any ideas?
I think it might be the tie rod ends and am prob gonna replace those but Im not sure if those could be causing the extreme shake towards the end of the stop. Also, i was pulling a trailer the other day and all of the symptoms almost completely disappeared.

I really need help with this one cause I cant afford to pay a maintenance shop to diagnose, purchase parts, and solve the problem!

Last edited by sidearm11; 04-27-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 98 F150 grinds and shakes, please help