Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

4x4 switch is doing weird things

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 switch is doing weird things

hope you guys can help..2008 f150 king ranch,it seems the switch that you flip to go from 2x4 to 4x4 and 4x4 low is working intermittantly.the worst part is it never wants to switch to 4 wheel drive at the worst times.Is there an area of wiring etc that I can fpcus on other than the fuses(tried that) that may help me figure where the disconnect is coming from? For your info,this truck has never left the pavement,and very rarely do I switch it to 4x4.It started acting up past winter,and then started working again in the nice weather.Then,when I want to launch the fishing boat this summer....you guessed it, the damn thing wouldnt switch back into 4 wheel drive! Of course,as soon as I was leaving campgrounds, it starts working again! The only other issue /symptom I can see is after I switched it back to 2 wheel drive and went to back up,It seemed like something was binding in the front end.I stopped and tried again and it was smooth again.What the hell is going on heree!!!!!!!

Last edited by smellslikewetdog; 09-23-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:28 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

gonna have to pull codes, could be the iwe solenoid or the shift motor itself.

Quick Reply: 4x4 switch is doing weird things