Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

4w4 shifter and radio stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4w4 shifter and radio stopped working

Silly me, after years and years of using jumper cables you would think I'd know better.

2006 F-150 FX4 battery was too weak and jumped it with a good battery. Unfortunately, I had a brain fart and reversed the connections on the good battery. Realized my mistake about 30+ seconds later because nothing worked, dome light etc. Hooked it up correctly but still no go. Swapped the batteries and installed the good one into the truck. Started up fine. Turns out the existing battery was no good and would not accept a charge (showing less than 6 V on multimeter).

I went to drive it the next day and the 4w4 drive shifter would not work for either 4H or 4L. Funny thing is that the radio is no longer powered either. Have not checked the Aux fuse box for the shifter relay yet but the fuses usually involving the radio (1, 22, 31) all seem to be okay. I didn't check fuse 4 and 7 but not likely involved.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope I didn't fry any of the electrics or electronics. Pretty much everything else in the truck works fine.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 4w4 shifter and radio stopped working