Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

4R70W shift issues please help!

Old 03-22-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4R70W shift issues please help!

Sometimes when taking off from a start, typically right after I start the truck, the tranny seems like it is stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear...it will shift ONCE and then the RPM's will just climb with no other shift.

NOTE: trans is a new rebuilt unit thats not even 2 yrs old, took truck to my school to do a rear diff and lower end replacement truck set in shop for about 5 months. took trans out and did nothing to it besides replace internal wiring harness and new fluid and filter. trans worked great when I pulled it into the shop. I am not getting any DTC codes at all.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update!

update only!
just got computer scanned, was showing shift solenoids A & B not working. "again"
OD light not flashing any codes.
Also did a stall test just for the fun of it. first time TC locked in at about 1200rpm, 2nd time I did stall test, TC never locked in. could the TCC Sensor cause all of this?
cause like I said b4 when I drove the truck to school to work on it, the transmission was working great with no issues besides a small leak around the pan gasket.
no work was done on the trans besides the replacement of the internal wiring harness.

Originally Posted by vip3r82
Sometimes when taking off from a start, typically right after I start the truck, the tranny seems like it is stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear...it will shift ONCE and then the RPM's will just climb with no other shift.

NOTE: trans is a new rebuilt unit thats not even 2 yrs old, took truck to my school to do a rear diff and lower end replacement truck set in shop for about 5 months. took trans out and did nothing to it besides replace internal wiring harness and new fluid and filter. trans worked great when I pulled it into the shop. I am not getting any DTC codes at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4R70W shift issues please help!