Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2018 f150 XLT Taillight/Turnsignal issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 f150 XLT Taillight/Turnsignal issue

First time posting here.
My 2018 f!50 XLT has developed a problem where the taillights and rear turn signals stop working. In the morning when i start the truck with the lights set to auto everything works. Once it gets bright enough for the light to turn off, I lose the taillights and rear turn signals. the brake light up on the cab still functions as it should. Any ideas of what could cause this?
Old 02-22-2024, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: Probably should have put this in the original post. This issue started as just a warning message when it was wet/raining outside "Trailer Disconnected" or "Trailer Connected" when there was no trailer. The next evolution I would get the same Messages as well as a Trailer light fault message. Again there was no trailer and it only happened when it was wet or raining outside. It then evolved into the issue in the original post. Today it was raining and I was getting all the issues regardless of the auto setting for the headlights. As much as I hate to do it I think I am going to have the dealership diagnose the problem. I will Update once I know what the cause and fix are.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:32 PM

Received 273 Likes on 181 Posts

sounds like either a bad ground that gets wet and loses connection or there is an issue with the connection at the trailer plug. I would check those things before I took it to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2018 f150 XLT Taillight/Turnsignal issue