Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2015 f150 electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 f150 electrical problems

So last monday, first thing in the morning, info screen pops up "service charging system". Go down the road to work and all interior electronics go off including power steering but engine stayed running for a whole minute and came back on. No problems on the way back home. Next day, "service brake system"and " service advancetrac" comes on first thing in the morning. Radio was blinking on and off the whole ride.
Took the truck to Ford that day which was Tuesday. They tested the battery and alternator, they passed. They water tested the truck to check for water intrusion, passed. Then they looked at codes and found low and high voltage codes for all the electronics. They determined the regulator in the alternator had gone bad. They replaced the alternator today and i got back there to pick the truck up just after the mechanic and advisor had left. Truck is still displaying "service advancetrac" and "service brake system" as well as the radio turning on and off. If anyone knows what this could be, it would be of great help.

Last edited by AlexTrainor; 04-20-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexTrainor
So last monday, first thing in the morning, info screen pops up "service charging system". Go down the road to work and all interior electronics go off including power steering but engine stayed running for a whole minute and came back on. No problems on the way back home. Next day, "service brake system"and " service advancetrac" comes on first thing in the morning. Radio was blinking on and off the whole ride.
Took the truck to Ford that day which was Tuesday. They tested the battery and alternator, they passed. They water tested the truck to check for water intrusion, passed. Then they looked at codes and found low and high voltage codes for all the electronics. They determined the regulator in the alternator had gone bad. They replaced the alternator today and i got back there to pick the truck up just after the mechanic and advisor had left. Truck is still displaying "service advancetrac" and "service brake system" as well as the radio turning on and off. If anyone knows what this could be, it would be of great help.
It's obvious to me they did not fix your truck, did they charge you? Take it back and let them fix it again.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They didnt fix anything and i called but no one of any help was there. Ill try calling tomorrow. What do i do about paying them 800 bucks for installing an alternator?
Old 04-20-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

They didnt fix anything and i called but no one of any help was there. Ill try calling tomorrow. What do i do about paying them 800 bucks for installing an alternator?
What would you do if someone sold you a bag full of air? Assert your self and demand what's right!!! It's your property and your money! They didn't fix your concern, I'd have them put my old part back on (if they actually changed anything) and start over. Your paying for a repair, not the ineptness of a mechanic that can't diag properly. Anything less is theft.

Last edited by RLXXI; 04-20-2018 at 07:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Traveldad (05-06-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any fix?

Did u ever find out the solution. My truck is doing the same thing?? They replaced the alternator and it’s still doing it.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:41 PM

Received 605 Likes on 400 Posts

12.5V engine off, 13.5V engine on, there is nothing wrong with charging system or battery. If there is a warning, CEL, or whatever, then the condition was temporary and simply needs to be cleared.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devin Styers
Did u ever find out the solution. My truck is doing the same thing?? They replaced the alternator and it’s still doing it.

Any Resolved issue to this thread? I too am having the same issues.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:16 PM

Received 1,264 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Originally Posted by JJCarey
Any Resolved issue to this thread? I too am having the same issues.
Each and every one one? That would be odd.

"They determined the regulator in the alternator had gone bad. They replaced the alternator today and i got back there to pick the truck up just after the mechanic and advisor had left. Truck is still displaying "service advancetrac" and "service brake system" as well as the radio turning on and off. "

Quick Reply: 2015 f150 electrical problems