Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2015 3.5L ecoboost losing power

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 3.5L ecoboost losing power

I have a 2015 f150 with an ecoboost with around 115k miles. I’ve had it for 6 months no issues until recently. The truck shows a bunch of errors and shuts off the throttle and reduces the engine to an idle. After reaching a stop the idle turns into a rough idle. The power steering gets worse or turns off i’m not sure which. It flashes a bunch of codes:
- hill decent control failure
- service advance track
- hill start assist not available
- see manual
Shutting the truck off and restarting it clears everything. It happened to me a month ago and then nothing until this morning. Happened once on the way to school. Restarted it and no issues. Tonight it happened again, reset the truck again and drove for less than a mile before it flared up again. After that it made it 15 miles fine before it went again.
I’m mechanically inclined and can fix it when I find out where to start. I’ve looked online but can’t find much information about anyone having the same issue. I’m just curious if anyone has any suggestions or had maybe experienced it themselves. My local ford dealership is worthless or i would bring it to them. the next closest one is an hour and a half away. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:25 PM

Received 274 Likes on 182 Posts

you need a dealer level scan tool, you need to take it to a competent mechanic. doesn't have to be the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2015 3.5L ecoboost losing power