Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2013 Plat - Power Running Boards Delayed Retract

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Plat - Power Running Boards Delayed Retract

Hey Everyone,

About a month ago, I've noticed that my power running boards no longer retract when the doors are closed. They still pop out perfectly when the door opens but it seems they now only retract under two conditions:

1. 60 second timer will default them back to the up position after the last door on the side has closed.

2. Driving speed greater than 5 mph.

So, it seems that they no longer are getting signal that any of the doors are closed. I believe this to be electrical since all mechanical functions seem to work fine.

Thus far, I've toggled the options in the driver menu to extend, retract, auto mode. I've also disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes in an attempt to reset the PCM, etc.

Anyone know of any fuses/circuits related to the power running boards that could cause this specific issue?

Should be noted that other than the running boards, the vehicle seems to register that the doors are closed. Lights go off, warning goes away on driver's screen, etc as soon as a door is closed.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 2013 Plat - Power Running Boards Delayed Retract