Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2013 F150 rumbles then engine dies on startup

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 F150 rumbles then engine dies on startup

2013 F150 4x4, 200,000+km. Work truck for Plumbing company

Recently been having ongoing issues with the truck, first was the truck being sluggish going up any kind of incline, like the engine had no power. Ran a code check on it and it said there was a misfire in a few of the cylinders. Had all of them replaced along with brand new spark plugs.

Got the truck back and still had issues with it being sluggish, but now if you accelerate beyond 4000rpm the engine completely dies and the oil light comes on in the dashboard. Truck would restart after sitting for a few minutes.

Most recently when starting the truck it would shake violently and then the engine would die. Can only make the engine stay running if I feather the gas but once I take my foot off the gas pedal it would shake and the engine would die again, so I could never get it out of Park.

Some side info on the vehicle:
employee that would drive the vehicle would frequently not mention that the truck needed an oil change and would drive it weeks/months passed the recommended oil change time, and would often drive the truck with the gas on near-empty

Could it be a fuel pump issue or fuel filter? Any help whatsoever or a general direction on where to start would be appreciated

Quick Reply: 2013 F150 rumbles then engine dies on startup