Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2013 5.0L Radiator Fan Running Full Blast Constantly

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 5.0L Radiator Fan Running Full Blast Constantly

Hi There,

I have a 2013 FX2 5.0L with roughly 110k miles. Truck started having an issue with the radiator fan blowing on full blast all the time. I live in Houston TX, and it is currently ranging from high 30s to 70s F. I read some posts and figured I would check the coolant level to see where it was at. There is visibly no coolant in the reservoir and I have noticed after prolonged driving the engine will start getting pretty hot on the gauge cluster on dash. So this seems like a no-brainer, and I should just add coolant and be done with it. I hope this is all that needs to be done.

I have 2 questions:

1. Does there being little to no coolant show any concern for a bigger issue other than just low coolant? Or does a coolant leak signify a larger issue?
2. Can you buy the Motorcraft coolant from anywhere, or does it need to be purchased directly from Ford?

I appreciate any help or advice that anyone can give. Let me know if there is some info that I can share to help.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

if you can't see the coolant than it is probably low. fill the reservoir to the line. a coolant leak is by far a bigger issue than just low coolant. if the coolant level goes back down within a few days after you fill it then there is likely a leak somewhere
Old 02-03-2019, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue, started 2 days ago, 2012 FX4 V6 ecoboost, coolant level was low, filled to reservoir line but still blowing constantly. Any other fixes?

Quick Reply: 2013 5.0L Radiator Fan Running Full Blast Constantly