Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2012 3.5L Ecoboost, low oil pressure at idle and truck knocks when I hit the gas

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 3.5L Ecoboost, low oil pressure at idle and truck knocks when I hit the gas

So coming home from work tonight the truck was driving fine until I came to a stop light on a downhill incline at which point my low oil pressure light kicked on and stayed on until I hit the gas. After that it seemed alright until I went to accelerate form 40 up 45 at which point nothing happened when I pushed the petal down more until after I released at which point it kicked into gear and went on up to about 50 before leveling back off. After that it would show low oil pressure every time I stopped and it went into idle and whenever you hit the gas it would make a knocking sound that sounded like it came from the lower back half of the engine. As far as work done to it I've had the timing chain rattle fixed at a Ford Dealership, then the same dealership replaced the low pressure fuel pump about a week later, I had the oil changed like 200-400 miles ago, I just had the spark plugs and boots replaced last week, and I had new front pads and rotors replaced as well as the driver side caliper and line since the passenger side had been done what looks pretty recently. The best part is I've only had this truck about 8 months and luckily so far everything has been covered under a powertrain warranty that I got when I bought the truck. Really I'm just looking for ideas as to what I'm in for when I take this thing back to Ford to have it looked at again. I will also throw in that this truck is tuned with an MPT tune but has probably run more untned than it does tuned, it also gets like 11-12 mpg city and highway combined no matter how I drive, and that is when its tuned and when its completely stock.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

motor time
Old 12-14-2018, 04:32 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

sounds like the motor went to ****. needs rebuilt

Quick Reply: 2012 3.5L Ecoboost, low oil pressure at idle and truck knocks when I hit the gas